Wednesday 7 March 2012

Still Alive

So that's it. All done, the final edit is now complete and it's time to fill this blog to the rafters with arbitrary information to describe just exactly how I've come to the end of this winding, stress filled road.
This should be fun.
For now; I'll start with the editing phase as it was the most recent task and the freshest of my memories.
We started editing yesterday and finished before the sun disappeared (a personal best).
Among all of the various pursuits contained within this unit; editing proved to be the most enjoyable. It was my final chance to put a fingerprint on the work and really make it my own.  Throughout the course, I've done a fair bit of editing both on the college grounds and in my own time. I think it's fair to say that I've gained a certain competence in the field, innit. With that said, editing was relatively easy, partly due to experience, but more in part, thanks to our efforts in capturing many shots and angles. The raw footage itself, was pretty solid. This meant that editing was just a case of slowing and piecing parts together to maintain a logical, running thread of continuity. A change in saturation to hint at a lightning strike and clever use of music made great additions but overall nothing was overly complicated or fancy.
                   After finishing with Final Cut, I imported the footage into After Effects for some final tweaks. This would be the first time I would incorporate the software into a college production. A bit of colour correction was all that was needed and in all honesty, it didn't make a massive difference. When all was complete, I showed the rest of the group and they seemed happy enough  to proclaim the project complete and that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment