Wednesday 28 March 2012

Designing Sets

With the very specific influences of Tim Burton and Seth Macfarlane firmly in mind, we went to work creating the sets for use in our claymation production. Both Liam and I  had a crack at creating different parts of the set. I decided to scour the internets for something fitting while Liam went to work in planning his illustrated backdrop. After a brief search, I found something suitable, and after a quick photoshop session, I printed of the images, attached them to the cardboard backdrop and called it a day. Within the coming week, Liam would manage to complete his rather lovely backdrop and the majority of the work was complete. Maybe, it would have been a bit better if we both shared a little more communication, as our backdrops didn't really combine all that well. In all honesty, I don't really like the guy all that much so maybe the lack of communication was more an issue on my end; only joking, I like him really. I don't.
Liam put a bit more work in creating some simple cardboard structures, then proceeded to steal some of the other sets that littered one of the smaller rooms. Sets done!
Happy Faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment